Summer Reading Winners
THANK YOU to all our sponsors for the 2023 Summer Reading Program!
We would like to send huge THANK YOU to all the sponsors of our 2023 Summer Reading Program. Your generosity provided lots of programming for a month and a half, as well as all the prizes, and many goodies to give out to the reading challenge participants. Our sponsors provide anything from discounts, gifts, trinkets, coupons, materials, and monetary support. Sponsors included MCR Medical, American Legion Post 417, Mt. Sterling Friends of the Library, Roller Haven, Honeyrun Farm, Chase Bank, and Madison Health.
Thank you to all the individuals and families who participated.
Winners of our Summer Reading program prizes have been called to pick up their awards. We will post photos here and on our social media in the coming days. Thank you to all who participated and again to all our sponsors!
Our Summer Reading Program kicked off this year on Monday, June 5 and continued programs through July 14. The theme was “Get a clue at your library”.
Unlike most libraries, we do not require you to sign up in order to participate in the traditional Summer Reading Challenge. Instead, we opt to offer reading logs for everyone to fill out listing all the books they have read. For every 10 items you log (audiobooks and e-books also count), turn in your completed log for another chance in the drawings for great prizes! We encourage you to use list the to add the audiobooks, e-books, comic books, graphic novels, and of course regular print books that you have read or listened to. All of these different media count. Children’s lists can include books they have read, and the books read TO them.
We provided these events and activities for our 2023 Summer Reading Program:
• June 5, 12, 26, & July 3, 10:30 a.m., Mondays: Summer Reading Family Storytime was open to families with children up to age 8 years old
• June 6, 2:00 p.m., Tuesday: Cool Critters Outreach with live animals
• June 13, 6:00 p.m., Tuesday: Fun with Food, cooking for 5–8-year-olds
• June 26, 2:00 p.m., Monday: Whiz Bang Science
• June 28, 10:30 a.m., Wednesday: Columbus Zoo animals at Mt. Sterling Community Center
• June 30, 12:00 p.m., Saturday: Sidewalk Chalk Art for Everyone
• July 8, 12:00 p.m., Saturday: A&R Alpacas brought 2 of their Alpaca’s for an interactive visit.
• July 14, 1:00 p.m., Friday: Erica Carlson brought her interactive and fun balloon animal tying for kids