Library Offers You Hoopla for Free Movies, Music, ebooks, Audiobooks, Comics and More
What is hoopla?
Hoopla is a digital media service that enables you to borrow a great selection of eBooks, audiobooks, movies, television shows, and music albums via your browser, smartphone or tablet (iOS 6 and via select Android devices).
- No waiting to borrow
- Automatic returns
How long do I keep what I’ve checked out?
- Movie and TV content = 3 days
- Music albums = 7 days
- Audiobooks = 21 days
- eBooks = 21 days
- Comic Books = 21 days
How many items can I check out? You are allowed 10 items per month with your Mt. Sterling Public Library card. This is more than most libraries anywhere.
Television series count each episode as one item. When you check out music, one album counts as one check out.
Do I need to be connected to the internet?
Yes, to access hoopla and to stream the content over Wi-Fi, 3G and/or 4G (if it is available in your area) you must be connected to the internet.
How often does hoopla get new content?
The short answer is weekly, but they are constantly working with studios and publishers to add content to build hoopla.
How can I view My Titles after I borrow them?
To view your borrowed titles click on My Titles in the top navigation bar.
What do I need to register?
You will need a valid email address, your library card number and your pin.
Can I use Hoopla on a mobile device?
Yes, you will need the Hoopla app.
Need further help?
Follow these easy steps to begin your Hoopla experience:
- Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/ or download the Hoopla app for your mobile device.
- Click “Get Started Today”.
- Type in an e-mail and make a password. After confirming both, click “Agree”.
- Choose your home library to match your library card. Start typing Mt. Sterling Public Library. Once it appears in the list, click on the library name and then click “Next”.
- Input your library card number and click “Sign Up”. If it asks for a pin number, use your library card pin/password.
Search the database for e-books, audiobooks, movies, music, comics and more. Once you have chosen each item for checkout, then choose to stream or download for offline use with your mobile device. Smart Tv’s and computers have the ability to stream only. As always, the library is here to assist you. Call us at 740-869-2430.